Words of Wisdom from Intellectuals Born into Islam
11 Jun, 2008
Al-Razi was a philosopher, scientist, medical doctor, most prominent scientist of middle ages and one of the greatest minds of Islamic world. One of the greatest minds of Islamic world, attacked religion in general and Islam in particular with a force unthinkable in this day Titles of his books included gems such as:
- “The Prophet's Fraudulent Tricks,”
- “The Stratagems of Those Who Claim to Be Prophets”,
- "On the Refutation of Revealed Religions”
Following are few of his saying:
ON PROPHETS OF GOD
- The prophets—these billy goats with long beards, cannot claim any intellectual or spiritual superiority. These billy goats pretend to come with a message from God, all the while exhausting themselves in spouting their lies, and imposing on the masses blind obedience to the "words of the master." The miracles of the prophets are impostures, based on trickery, or the stories regarding them are lies. The falseness of what all the prophets say is evident in the fact that they contradict one another: one affirms what the other denies, and yet each claims to be the sole depository of the truth; thus the New Testament contradicts the Torah, the Koran the New Testament.
- “As for the Koran, it is but an assorted mixture of "absurd and inconsistent fables," which has ridiculously been judged inimitable, when, in fact, its language, style, and its much vaunted "eloquence" are far from being faultless. Custom, tradition, and intellectual laziness lead men to follow their religious leaders blindly. Religions have been the sole cause of the bloody wars that have ravaged mankind. Religions have also been resolutely hostile to philosophical speculation and to scientific research. The so-called holy scriptures are worthless and have done more harm than good, whereas the "writings of the ancients like Plato, Aristotle, Euclid, and Hippocrates have rendered much greater service to humanity."
- “The "sacred books" are only such a set of idle tales as any age could have and indeed did actually produce."
ON RELIGIOUS PEOPLE
- “The people who gather round the religious leaders are feeble-minded or they are adolescents. Religion stifles truth and fosters enmity. If a book in itself constitutes a demonstration that it is true revelation, the treatises of geometry, astronomy, medicine and logic can justify such a claim much better than the Quran”
- “Why would one want to be tied by religion, rather than
develop love of wisdom, the root meaning of philosophy?“
- "How can anyone think philosophically while listening to old wives' tales founded on contradictions, which obdurate ignorance, and dogmatism?"
IBN HAZM (THINKER/ PHILOSOPHER)
- “Quran is a political agenda and its whole motive is the expansion of the Islamic empire. God never woos his devotees in the name of sex, but Koran does, as it was the handiwork of a cunning Prophet Muhammad who created his own concept of Allah to satisfy his unbound lust for women, power and money”
AL MAARI (A BLIND SYRIAN PHILOSOPHER, THINKER, POET; 973-1057)
- He referred to religion as "noxious weeds" and called it a "fable invented by the ancients”, worthless except for those who exploit the credulous masses.
ON RELIGIOUS PEOPLE
- ”We mortals are composed of two great schools
Enlightened knaves or else religious fools”
- "Do not suppose the statements of the prophets to be true. Men lived comfortably till they came and spoiled life.
And as for the prophets he wrote:
The Prophets, too, among us come to teach,
Are one with those who from the pulpit preach;
They pray, and slay, and pass away, and yet
Our ills are as the pebbles on the beach.
Mohammed or Messiah! Hear thou me,
The truth entire nor here nor there can be;
How should our God who made the sun and the moon
Give all his light to One, I cannot see.
OMAR KHAYYAM (MATHEMATICIAN, ASTRONOMER, POET)
Omar Kayyam was a freethinker and indirectly made fun of islam in his poetry.
- Some for the Glories of This World; and some
Sigh for the Prophet’s Paradise to come;
- Why, all the Saints and Sages who discuss’d
Of the Two Worlds so learnedly, are thrust
Like foolish Prophets forth; their Words to Scorn
Are scatter’d, and their Mouths are stopt with Dust.
- Heaven is incomplete without a heavenly romance
Let a glass of wine be my present circumstance
Take what is here now, let go of a promised chance
A drumbeat is best heard from a distance
MUSTAFA KEMAL PASHA (ATATURK OF TURKEY)
(FOUNDING FATHER OF MODERN TURKEY)
- “Islam is an absurd theology of an immoral Bedouin”
- “Islam is a is a rotting corpse which poisons our lives”.
DR. HABIRA ( PROFESSOR)
- “Muhammad used the most vile and horrible methods such as ethnic cleansing, secret assassinations, kidnappings, robbery, deceit and cunning in the propagation of Islam and domination of other people”.
DR EVHAD ( PROFESSOR)
- “I think we have gone insane by calling a thief and rapist as a Prophet”.
- “Quran” is nothing but a dirty manual which reflects the
rotten mind of Mohammad. He never received any revelations as
we Muslims believe; rather he fooled everyone.”
- “I personally feel that Quran is fit to be used as toilet paper, a 1500 years old pile of garbage torn paper, creation of a sick evil charlatan's mind called Mohammed the Bandit”
M. A. JINNAH (FOUNDING FATHER OF PAKISTAN)
Jinnah was never a practicing Muslim. He ate pork, drank wine. His only daughter Dina married a non Muslim as she thought Islam was the worst religion. (Dina married a Parsi by name Neville Wadia and their son is Nusli Wadia, the chairman and majority owner of Bombay Dyeing). Jinnah used to crack many jokes on Allah, Prophet Muhammad and Muslims in general in his private evening parties. This side of his life is completely blacked out in Pakistan where he is remembered as a religious figure and his name is taken with “Rahmat ullah alaih”. Some of it is mentioned in the very well researched and documented b book on the division of India and Pakistan “Freedom Ay Midnight” by Collins and Lapieere”. The book was immediately banned in Pakistan.
Here is one of his favorite jokes:
ON BLACK STONE OF KAABA
- “We Muslims say that the Black Stone in Kaaba was white in color earlier and turned black after absorbing our sins in it. We are right in a sense as any stone can turn black after we touch or kiss it since our greatest sin itself is being a Muslim"
DR. HANAFI (PROFESSOR)
- "The Koran is a supermarket, where one takes what one wants and leaves what one doesn't want."