Welcome to the Land of the Great Satan, Smiling Mullah Khatami
05 Sept, 2006
If by looking at him you are not comforted, it may be the way he is dressed that seems alien—the turban, the cloak and all. Fine. Then let us listen to what he preaches. After all he is a man of the cloth and preaching is his line.
As the past president of the Islamic Republic of Iran, he is fully privy to what goes on in that land, what his co-turbaned colleagues are up to, and what they want from the world. Ever since he ascended to the presidency of the Islamic Republic of Iran, he has portrayed himself as an advocate of moderation, upholder of the rule of law and promoter of the “Dialogue of Civilizations.” For eight years, the long-suffering people of Iran and the world held their breath to see what he would do about the ideals he professed. Unfortunately, the Smiling Mullah turned out to be a genuine mullah—fake to his bones. More importantly, he is a genocidal criminal who should be tried in a court of law, rather than being received as a high-ranking dignitary. Here is a partial indictment.
During the Smiling Mullah’s Presidency, the rule of law was flaunted blatantly from day one.
1. Thousands of dissident students, intellectuals and journalists were systematically arrested, imprisoned and tortured for the sole crime of speaking up against the repressive rule of the mullahs. Many are still languishing in prisons, some have died, and some have simply vanished with no records of what happened to them.
2. During this turbaned fascist’s watch, many students’ lives were extinguished for daring to express their opposition to the stone-age regime. Shamelessly, during the 9 July of 1999 students demonstration, for instance, this man called the Tehran university students “A bunch of hooligans,” while his storm-trooper hooligans, with police support, brutally attacked students in their dormitories throwing some students out of the windows of the dorm’s third floor. Now, he is welcomed at Harvard University to lecture its “hooligans” and faculty on practicing tolerance.
3. Arrested dissidents were denied the due process of law. Those who were granted perfunctory hearings before receiving the guilty verdict were not allowed legal counsel. The few who were granted legal counsel saw even their attorneys imprisoned for defending them.
4. Prisoners of conscience were routinely tortured to extract confessions about the crimes they did not commit. Some of the victims were permanently incapacitated while others died under the brutal torture.
5. No human rights organizations were allowed to inspect the prisons.
6. Women prisoners were often subjected to even greater indignities than men by being raped before being executed, under the cover of marriage. A prison mullah performed the forced marriage ceremony to make it conform to the Islamic ethos.
7. Stealth work on the nuclear program, in clear violation of the non-proliferation treaty to which the IRI is a signatory, proceeded ahead at full speed and with generous funding.
8. Persecution of religious minorities continued apace. Most notably, his government targeted Iran’s Baha’is—Iran’s largest religious minority—recognized universally as peaceful and law-abiding people. Baha’is, solely for their belief, were fired from their jobs, with many forced to pay back the salaries they had received for years of service. Youth were coerced to convert to Islam in order to continue their education beyond high school. Properties and businesses were confiscated, elected officers of the Baha’i communities imprisoned and some executed, their holy places, even their cemeteries were leveled; and, much, much more.
9. Support for terrorism constituted a high priority. It extended not only to the neighboring countries, but as far away as Latin America. Hezbollah in Lebanon was nurtured with funds, weapons and training. Hamas and the Islamic Jihad were assisted in numerous ways, and a professional army of Shiite Iraqis was trained and armed to be used in the present Iraqi theatre. Separately, Muqtada al-Sadr and his militia thugs—the Mahdi Army—is directly funded, armed and controlled by the present Islamic regime, a gift of the Smiling Mullah to his successor—the rabid Mahmood Ahmadinejad.
10. In his devious attempt to lull the world into a false sense of security, the Smiling Mullah floated the notion of “Dialogue of Civilization,” to appear as a man of reason who is willing to reconcile the differences between and among various civilizations through dialogue. This clever ploy was exposed as nothing more than an Islamofascist propaganda tool. In actuality, his side’s dialogue proved to be a diatribe against civilization.
The Smiling Mullah is no less a criminal than other Islamofascists such as his own predecessor, Akbar Refsanjani, Zarqawi, and Osama bin Laden.
Many analysts are rightfully concerned about the danger of Islamic sleeper cells in the United States. They fear that these sleeper cells can be activated at any moment upon receiving orders from their controllers in Iran and Lebanon. Yet, the fact is that the Islamofascists’ greatest assets are the legions of American “Useful Idiots” already actively tearing at the very fabric of our society.
Many universities in the U.S. are bastions and incubators of Useful Idiots. Far left professors do more than teach their subjects of specialty. They feel that they have license to pontificate on any and all matters. That is why they are called “professors.” These self-appointed prima donnas cover themselves with the shield of academic freedom. Academic freedom is like liberty—it can be abused and is abused greatly. That is the price of freedom. Yet, these abusers of freedom, the far left Useful Idiots, will be among the first to be buried under the rubble of the free society’s collapse they work so doggedly to bring about.
The mullahs don’t have to even allocate the money from a single barrel of oil to have these Useful Idiots work around the clock to implode this country from within. They read the papers, they watch the television reporters and they are just happy to bide their time for the New Rome to collapse on itself. If the implosion does not happen, that’s no problem. They will continue on with their work to acquire the nuclear weapons and make it happen. Is this being alarmist or paranoid? Not at all. Besides, one good thing about the being paranoid that the Useful Idiot cannot claim: The paranoid is a survivor. And, we know the mullahs up-close and just too well. Some of our very own brothers, sisters, parents, children and friends have been murdered brutally and without the least mercy by these modern day soldiers of Allah. They are the most vicious fascist killers and we do not—I repeat, we do not—intend to go down passively as their next victims.
Amil Imani is an Iranian born, pro-democracy activist who resides in the United States of America. He is a poet, writer, literary translator, novelist and an essayist who has been writing and speaking out for the struggling people of his native land, Iran. Amil Imani's Home Page: www.amilimani.com.